Friday 26 February 2016

My Week in Words… Okay let’s break the boredom with one Video *winks*

African girl Art
Source: Pinterest

It’s Friday already! Yaaay!

I dunno why I’m excited o. the only reason I can see is maybe the TGIF syndrome. It’s not like I’m looking forward to anything spectacular for the weekend (except maybe getting to rest a lil bit more). Even the part about getting to rest some more is still not sure like dat like dat… it is well.

Let’s get straight to it… My week started as it has for sometime now: Thank God It’s Monday! Weird yea, I know… But when home is not really what it should be, work just becomes bae. Every family has its down moments, and I’m trusting God to see mine through the storms. I can’t spill any beans on the situation but trust me, revealing this ‘much’ sef is a big deal for me! I’m not your average ‘sharer’.

Anyway, this week has been quite interesting so far (You know the word ‘interesting’ is used for both positive and negative stuff, right?). So here are 5 takeaways from my week:


Shii is Getting Realer!

Flashback to the early post-UNILAG days when I just KNEW that my life was about to get more ‘interesting’; that Daddy’s girl was slowly evolving. Well, back then, I couldn’t have imagined all the things I’ve been through so far. No, I couldn’t have imagined how torn, confused, elated, annoyed, surprised and a million other emotions I’ve been so far. Honestly, I’m just taking it all as Training; both the good and the bad. They’re all preparation for the future. For every stone I stumble on, I get to walk many more miles without any hitch. I’m still taking things one day at a time, trusting in the One who remains true!


quotes on determination in difficult times
Source: quotesgram.com

Sitting on the fence HARDLY works

So I found myself in the middle of a not-so-funny situation. There are 2 sides. The way I see it, both sides have rights and wrongs. You try to point it out without being rude or hostile to either one. The ish is: Side A concludes you’re loyal to Side B, Side B concludes you’re loyal to Side A. So at the end of the day, you’re the All-round bad guy, you get? I blame myself in some ways too. If you’re a softie like me, you’ll know what it feels like not to want to hurt anyone. Sad thing is, at the end of the day, SOMEONE (or some people sef) always gets hurt. So I’m learning that though it’s not always easy, you WILL have to take decisions that not EVERYONE be cool with. I’m learning the hard way that YOU CAN NEVER PLEASE EVERYBODY. NOT EVERYONE WILL LIKE YOU!


quotes on determination and perseverance
quotesgram.com

<<< You should see this too >>>

Human beings will always be just that… Human beings

One of the worst things you can do is trust ANYONE too much. This week, I got a shocker from somebody I trusted so much. This is someone whom I would go to with stuff I couldn’t tell any other person, not even my parents. The same person accused me falsely this week. Chai! The words she used ehn! I got weak! Words that hurt for daaays!!! You know what hurt most? The fact that she refused to believe my innocence, not even after I told her it wasn’t true. I tried my very best to convince her but, no, her mind was made up. See, I don’t completely blame her. She’s only human, yea?


quotes on human potential

You fell, yea… So get back up AGAIN

You see, for a while after this incident, I was just shocked. I could hardly say anything as she spoke to me on the phone sef. But my shocked state could have taken more than a while.  Why didn’t it?

  • A. I got disturbed to the extent that I could feel it affecting my health negatively. I had to literally tell myself “Snap out of it, madam! Out there are folks not as strong as you going through worse stuff”
  • B. I saw the need to talk to a friend, and I did. I reached out to a friend and we talked about it. I did feel relieved after our discussion. DEAR FRIEND, YOU KNOW YOURSELF, I’M TAKING THIS OPPORTUNITY TO SAY THANK YOU AGAIN. I TRULY APPRECIATE YOU!
To you out there, you’re allowed to mope, but no, you are NOT allowed to put your life on hold because a human being behaved like a human being. I’m sure there were times when you have fallen someone’s hand too, yea?


quotes on determination and perseverance
someecards.com

No matter condition, feyin e!

In case you didn’t get the heading, it translates: “No matter your condition, smile”. Trust me, I know how hard and hypocritical it sounds to smile when you’ve got a lot going on. But it’s worth it, even if it’s just to shame the devil, the haters… I’m usually wowed by folks who, even at the point of death, still have a brightness around them. Don’t sour your life and that of peeps around you.

Short Story >>> Toyosi Woke Smiling

P.S. I know all these might seem like a lot of rambling (no vex, abeg). I only hope you get one or two things from it. Now, about the video (I’m uploading it for 2 reasons: 1. Wanna break the boredom of all these words; 2. Wanna test-run videos for the blog. I’ve never done it before. Hehehe



Done for the day... Goofing time from Mary_Scott on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment