Thursday 14 January 2016

The Truth About Going Through Tough Times

going through difficult times

Ever been at a place where it seems your middle name is confusion? Where it’s like everything around you is becoming one big haze? No physical support system in sight, you can’t make much sense about anything anymore and making ANY decision becomes scary as hell! I’ve had one too many of such in my lifetime so far. Sometimes I imagine that I might have lost it if not for God’s promise that I would not be tried more than I can bear. 1cor.10:13. But then I also imagine, “Am I strong enough for all these sha?”

going through tough times

Being an introvert does not help much. I’d rather bottle it all in than tell it, at the risk of bugging someone else, being pitied or being ‘exposed’. It’s worse when you can’t seem to hear God in the midst of it all. You know how much you need Him to be as clear as the writing on the wall but you don’t even seem to get the ‘still small voice’? Uuuurrrrggggh!

going through tough times

But God is ever faithful. Psalm89:33; 117:2; Deut.7:9; 2tim.2:13. Sometimes, He brings you succor where or when you least expect it. Or he brings along someone from whom you would never have expected some understanding. Much more than anything, NEVER let the devil deceive you. Never let him succeed in making you doubt God’s love. Jehovah says all who come to Him, He will in no wise cast away. Matt.11:28; John6:37. He promised us His presence in the midst of the fire and the waters. Isaiah.43:2


I think it’s okay to be confused; to not know what step to take next. Because there are just some times when God is working behind the scenes; sorting stuff out while we imagine that He’s forsaken us.

going through difficult times

I don't claim to be an expert on these kinds of situations. In fact, more often than not, I find myself lost at sea too. I just hang on to His strength and grace. Since His grace is sufficient for me, I have hope for tomorrow...



No comments:

Post a Comment